Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas day was a bit more hectic, but just as wonderful!
Mommy and Patrick woke up early and spent some time hanging out with Grandpa and Grammy while we waited for Daddy to get up:


Smiley guys



Ok, Grammy - they're making me wear this hat. What's your excuse?

Once we woke Daddy up, it was time to open presents. Patrick had a mountain of presents, and since Daddy wanted to let Patrick open all his own presents, it took us a long time to get through everything. Patrick didn't quite get what was going on, but liked sitting on the floor with daddy and the doggie Seamus ripping paper and playing with new toys. Ryan and I also got some really great things, it was a very fun morning!


 Daddy was very patient helping Patrick open his presents,
but all Patrick really wanted was to eat the paper.




Nice bow, kid!

 
 Watching Daddy open presents


 Opening the BIG present

 
I love this picture - it looks like my sweet angel is making an obscene gesture and saying "@#$% you, I wanted a REAL pony!"

After the presents were open, we had a big, delicious Christmas breakfast featuring biscuits and gravy for Ryan.

All I wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth, but since they're still coming in, I'll keep chewing spoons!

After breakfast, we had a little time to cuddle and play before getting ready to go to Great Grandma Morge's house.

A cuddle with Grammy


Climbing on mommy

 
Patrick is ready to go to Great Grandma's house, Grammy Dorothy gets in another cuddle!

We packed up the car, which barely had room for us once the gifts were in, and headed to Aurora for the Morge Christmas, Part II. Great Grandma's house at Christmas is always hectic, with tons of people and presents, noise and laughter. It usually causes the 'only child' in me to get overwhelmed, but is Ryan's very favorite part of Christmas, and I must admit that I don't think Christmas would be the same without it! If we could bottle and sell the love and cheer in that room at Christmas time, we'd be millionaires!   

Papa helps Patrick open his present from Great Grandma while Lucy makes a face.

 
Patrick with Grandma Trish and cousin Gabriella



Gift time at Great Grandma's house!

We had a wonderful time at Great Grandma's, enjoyed a delicious meal and spent time with some family members that we aren't lucky enough to get to see very often.

After Great Grandma's house, we packed ourselves back in the car (much more difficult this time!) and headed home. The roads were snowy, but my fearless hubby reported that they weren't as bad as they looked. Just a few short hours later, we were back home in our own beds ready for the much needed "do nothing" day we had planned for Saturday!

1 comment:

Pam Elliott said...

Hi, I'm from St. Pat's in Wapella and I'm updating our parish team list, but I need your phone number to add you to a team. We also need it for the parish registy. Our teams take turns w/ funeral dinners, decorating for Christmas and Easter as well as the parish picnic. Your chairpersons, Clint & Judy Martens and Dan & RoseAnn Toohill, will contact you in the future when it's their team's turn to help. Please let me know by end of today if possible - THURSDAY 2/25. Glad I found your blog site..now I can put a face w/ the names. My husband Joe & I sing in the church choir. Thank you, Pam