Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Spooktacular

This weekend was a fun one! It started with little man proving me wrong and rolling from tummy to back for the first time on Friday night! So exciting - since he prefers to be helped to stand, I was seriously starting to think he was never going to make any more progress rolling. He has been rolling to his side to sleep, but now when he's done with tummy time, he can just roll over and chill on his back. Silly little man.

Sunday, I had to be up in north for Mara's bridal shower and Patrick was going to a Halloween celebration with Grammy and Grandpa. I didn't want to put poor Patrick through too many hours in the car on one day, so we called Grammy and Grandpa P and asked if we could come stay on Saturday night and of course, they said yes. So, early Saturday afternoon Patrick and I started the drive north. Lucky for me, he slept the entire time!! We arrived at Grammy and Grandpa's early enough to get out of the car seat and play for a few minutes before heading to church. We went to 5 o'clock mass with them, where Patrick was a hilarious distraction - he had major gas (loud AND stinky!) and sang along with the congregation during all the songs. The only problem with the singing was he didn't actually stop when anyone else did.

Sunday we got a bit of time to relax before we headed back out to visit Great Aunt Pat at work and then run a few errands. We returned back to the house so I could get ready for the shower and Patrick could get his costume on and go to the party. Patrick didn't mind his costume and looked adorable, but was apparently very tired - he fell asleep a few minutes into the party and all the way through the trick or treating. Still, he looked cute. Here are a few of our little monkey:


After the party, I headed off to the bridal shower and little man stayed with Grammy and Grandpa, who were nice enough to watch him and then bring him to me at the end of the shower, saving me much time in the car. Unfortunately, Patrick was a bit overtired and decided that he wanted OUT of the car seat. Thus, I had a 3+ hour drive with a baby screaching for more than half the time. (I even stopped at Wendy's so I could get him out of the seat and try to calm him, but no such luck. I couldn't believe it - Wendy's always makes Ryan feel better!!) Still, we got home safe, which is all that matters. And, while we were gone Ryan and Papa Mike had done a ton of work on the house, which was so great to see. Overall a fantastic weekend.

Thanks to the Grandparents for all they do for us!!!

No comments: