Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ryan and I have never suffered for lack of blessings, but this year in particular we have so much for which we are thankful. A beautiful son, an amazing new house, a generous and loving family, and tremendous friends are just a few we can name. Happy Thanksgiving indeed!!

This year, Ryan and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house. Although I was very nervous and admittedly downright pessimistic about our ability to "do" Thanksgiving, almost everything turned out great. Ryan made two fantastic turkeys (one roasted, one deep fried) and we had quite a spread of food. Making things even better was having Ryan's parents, all of Ryan's siblings and their families (minus one nephew - we missed you Matt!), as well as my Mom and Dad over. It was the most beautiful chaos I have ever seen!! I would go on, but I'm so exhausted that instead I'll just post some pictures.




Patrick helping Daddy and Mommy make stuffing!


Prettiest darn turkey!!


The full spread: Roast turkey, deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes, fried apples, stuffing, cranberry sauce, yifta, creamed onions, gravy, rolls, salad.


Naptime on Grandma Trish with Cousin Lillian.


Hanging out with Aunt Liz

Grandma Trish and Papa Mike with all but one of the grandkids (plus Liz and Kevin)

Patrick says "Papa Mike gave me some pumpkin pie crust and I LOVED it!"


Patrick with Grammy Dorothy and Grandpa Phil

The aftermath: Head Chef Ryan conked out with Guinness in hand.


Mommy and Patrick are pooped too!

Thanks so much to everyone who helped make our first Thanksgiving in our house a success! It was so much fun for us to host - hope everyone had a great time!

No comments: