Friday, August 14, 2009

Weekend fun!

I don’t work on Fridays, so I got to spend that day with my boy. We started the day by getting my oil changed, with Patrick entertaining the other people in the waiting area with his smiles. After that we set up garbage service for the new house before heading to lunch with Daddy and his coworker Rufio. (Not his real name. The poor guy’s real name is Michael, but I jokingly told him I had too many Michaels in my life to keep track of another one. So he picked a new name. And he picked Rufio. Don’t ask me.)

Saturday morning, Patrick went with me to prompt care and was an absolute angel the entire time we were there. It was a long wait, but he sat patiently in his seat, not uttering a peep! I was so afraid he’d start crying right when the doctor came in to see me, but he was perfect. Once that was finally done, we headed out to the new house to see Daddy and wish Papa a happy birthday. Saturday night we had the best treat – Ryan came home early, early enough that I was able to grocery shop and make a home-cooked meal. I have been cooking so rarely lately that this was a huge treat for me. I also got some time to take pics of my baby on Sat - take a look at this handsome devil:

Sunday morning started off with some family cuddle time before we got out of bed to get ready for our day trip to Peoria to celebrate Aunt Liz, Uncle Luke, and Papa’s birthdays. Patrick did pretty good in the car and great at Grandma and Papas. He got really, really scared when his doggie 'cousin' Marley jumped on him, but once he calmed down from that, the rest of the day was great. Here are some pics:

Nap time on Grandma Triiish (check out the lip and the drool...classic!)


Chillin' with Uncle Luke

Cuddling with Aunt Ela and Gabriella

Getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday"

And you thought Ryan's hair couldn't get any goofier looking.

Annabelle helping Grandma with a diaper change - what a sweetheart!

We're really looking forward to this weekend. We're going to get to spend time with all the grandparents AND Aunt Liz, Uncle Luke and Annabelle as everyone descends on Clinton for a last minute "get the house done" push. Could a weekend get any better?

No comments: