Saturday, January 31, 2009

Moving right along!

When we last left this blog, the framing was done and the trusses were about to go up. There has been major progress made since then, check it out!

The garage was boarded up first and then in no time, the roof trusses started going up:

Then the garage trusses went up (I know they're professionals, but this makes me very nervous. If you met them, this would probably make you nervous too):
After which the trusses over the bonus room (aka Meghan's Room) and the boards on parts of the roof were added:

And because I love my room so much, even when filled with snow, here's an inside view:

And here we are now. The roof trusses are in place, the Tyvek is going up and the weather, for now, is cooperating.

Today, Ryan and Papa spent the day working on wiring the garage. I made a rare appearance to shiver and watch them work.


And that's about it for house news. Should have some more pictures next week as progress marches on. For those of you anxiously awaiting the post on the news you already know, it's coming, I promise. Have to get some little details finished. I'll have it posted tomorrow, and with any luck will also have some pictures.

No comments: