Saturday, May 3, 2008

May already?

Somehow I can hardly believe its May already. Time seems to be flying by, but at least spring is finally here.

The kittens are very happy that it is finally spring!!



Not a whole lot has happened since our last post. Aunt Pat is back in the hospital dealing with a bacterial thing. She's in fairly good spirits and keeping her sense of humor up. They hope to send her home in the next couple of days and we hope this will be the last of it. Your continued good thoughts and prayers, as always, are appreciated.

The babies Logan and Cooper are both doing wonderful, growing like weeds and keeping their mommies busy. Baby Gabriella will be joining the family any day now - she's due on May 11th, Mother's Day! Kevin and Elzbieta are very excited, and the rest of the family is anxiously awaiting her arrival.

It looks like Mom and Dad Pokryfke are finally going to get the "old" house sold here soon. As hard as it is to see my childhood home sold, I'm excited to see this finally happening with the housing market as it is. The closing is scheduled for mid-May, and even though there have been a few bumps in the road, everything appears to be on schedule. What a relief that will be to them.

As for us, things are going well. Ryan and I close on our land Monday afternoon. He's cool as a cucumber, but I'm a little nervous. Mama and Papa Morge came down last weekend and took a tour of the land with us. Mom and Big Poppa P are coming to visit tomorrow and get their tour of our lovely 2 acres.


Oh, and for your enjoyment...Mama Morge was kind enough to give us a preview of what Ryan and I are going to look like living on the "farm":


More soon!

1 comment:

Pam Elliott said...

Hi, I'm from St. Pat's in Wapella and I'm updating our parish team list, but I need your phone number to add you to a team. We also need it for the parish registy. Our teams take turns w/ funeral dinners, decorating for Christmas and Easter as well as the parish picnic. Your chairpersons, Clint & Judy Martens and Dan & RoseAnn Toohill, will contact you in the future when it's their team's turn to help. Please let me know by end of today if possible - THURSDAY 2/25. Glad I found your blog site..now I can put a face w/ the names. My husband Joe & I sing in the church choir. Thank you, Pam