Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Prayers Needed

I know, I promised a more upbeat entry this time. I lied.

As some of you may know, my Aunt Pat has been experiencing some major medical problems. After a trip to the emergency room with severe jaunice and fever, a scope was done which showed a mass on her gall bladder that we feared might be a tumor of some sort. This morning, my Aunt had surgery to determine the cause of her symptoms and identify the mass. The news after surgery was the worst case scenario. My aunt pat has gallbladder cancer, which has spread to her small bowel and possibly her liver. The extent of this tumor means that removing it is not an option. Chemotherapy and radiation may help to shrink the tumor to an operable size, but it is unlikely that they will help much, if at all.

At this time, I am asking for your thoughts and especially your prayers. Please keep my Aunt Pat in your prayers, pray for strength and comfort for her. Pray for her family, her husband Charlie and her kids John, Peter and his wife Vicky and their son Nathan, and Katie and her husband Jamie, that they may have the strength to support each other and their wife/mother at this extremely difficult time. And pray for us, her extended family, especially my mom and Aunt Marianne. I know that watching their sister go through this is especially difficult and stressful for them.
If prayer is not your thing, please just keep us in your thoughts.

Your love and prayers are greatly appreciated.
Love,
Meghan

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Your family is in our prayers. We are all here for you guys, so let us know if you need anything.
Love and hope,
Liz, Luke and Annabelle

The Wilson Family said...

MEGHAN, WE ARE SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT AUNT PAT. WE WILL KEEP HER IN OUR PRAYERS AND SEEK A SPECIAL BLESSING, LIGHT A CANDLE IN ROME. PRAYER CAN WORK MIRACLES. SEE YOU SATURDAY. LOVE MOM MORGE